Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) uses multiple wavelengths of light to target specific lesions. This treatment is ideal for skin rejuvenation. We use the device to treat brown and red spots. When performing skin rejuvenation with IPL we treat the entire affected area such as the face, neck, chest or hands. If you are considering IPL for skin rejuvenation there are several things to know before you have the treatment.
1. Sun avoidance is absolutely necessary for several weeks before and after the treatment to minimize the chance of any adverse effects
2. Downtime is expected. Red spots and brown spots will look worse initially. This is to be expected and will last 1- 2 weeks. Makeup can be worn over the treated areas.
3. Mild discomfort is to be expected during the treatment. This discomfort is tolerable for most people. If you are concerned about the discomfort a topical anesthetic can be applied to minimize this discomfort.
4. Multiple treatments are often required to achieve lasting desired results.
5. Treatment is considered cosmetic and not covered by insurance.